Tuesday 22 December 2015

R. Kelly walks out of interview after questions about sexual assault allegations


R. Kelly walked out of an interview with HuffPost Live Monday after being asked about his history of alleged sexual misconduct.
The interview started off casually, with host Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani asking Kelly about his new album The Buffet. Fans were also encouraged to send in questions, which Modarressy-Tehrani attempted to ask Kelly throughout the interview.


However, around the 6:45 minute mark Modarressy-Tehrani asked Kelly how he would respond to a fan's tweet that said they would play R. Kelly's music at a barbecue, but wouldn't let him babysit their children

"I say f*ck that. I say I have a lot of fans around the world who love R. Kelly ... you can't satisfy everybody," he responded.

Modarressy-Tehrani pressed the topic, saying that many fans find it difficult not to think of Kelly's past allegations of "having inappropriate relations with minors" when they think of his music. However, Kelly deflected, saying he doesn't hear comments like that "from anyone else ... I would say again, f*ck that."

When Modarressy-Tehrani tried to interject, Kelly cut her off, adding "I'm not perfect, but I’m perfectly me."

Though she tried to continue discussing the topic, Kelly was dismissive, saying that his interviewers "make up" stories about him.

"If you don’t get something juicy, then your television show is gonna be get cut off … I understand you have to do your job," he added.


When she tried to read him similar tweets that had been sent in by users about his sexual assault history, Kelly threatened to leave if she asked any more "negative" questions."

"I’m gonna go out and I’m gonna go to McDonalds," he said. "Hopefully the McRib is out."

Modarressy-Tehrani then asked him if he has a "healthy relationship" with sex, since it's the main topic of his lyrics.

"I would have to say this — I did not come here to get interrogated. I didn’t come here for a deposition," he said. "You know what a deposition is? “

He also said that Modarressy-Tehrani was disrespecting him, which she denied — to which he responded "that’s the level of your intelligence, not mine."

He then began asking Modarressy-Tehrani if she drinks or gets drunk.

"I don't understand the line of questioning," she responds.

"Exactly," he responds. "But it ain't positive, is it?"

After about 16 minutes, Kelly said Modarressy-Tehrani could only ask "one more question." When she tried to ask what he would say to the "multiple fans" who love him, but are concerned about his past, Kelly decided to end the interview with a final word.

"‘I love them all and I love you too," he said. 
He then removed his mic, adding "This interview is over."

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment